Flash simple timer/countdown

Sometimes you need a timer or a countdown… for a page, in a game or whatsoever.

So I am going to show you how to create a timer or a countdown. Or both.

And, in next tutorials, how to use it in the games we are creating, of course…

Look at this movie:

On the left we have a timer, on the right a countdown.

Let’s see how to do it.

First, I created two dynamic text items, the one on the left instanced as count and the one on the right instanced as count_down.

Then, in the first frame there is this simple actionscript:

Line 1: Initialize the variable start_time with the current time value

Line 2: Initialize the variable countdown with the amount of milliseconds I want to start the countdown. In this case, since an hour has 3600 seconds or 3600000 milliseconds, the countdown will start from 2 hours

Line 3: Function to be executed at every frame

Line 4: Calculate the difference between the actual time and the start_time value. This is actually the elapsed time.

Lines 5-6: count and count_down text values are updated with the result of a the function time_to_string (a function I created). count will be the elapsed time, while count_down will be the difference from the countdown variable and the elapsed time. Please note that every time explained here is intended to be in milliseconds.

Let’s examine the main function:

Line 9: Calculate elapsed hours dividing the time to convert (function’s argument) by 3600000, the number of milliseconds in an hour

Line 10: Calculate remaining time without the elapsed hours

Lines 11-12: Some thing with the minutes, dividing the remaining time by 60000, the number of milliseconds in a minute

In the same way I calculate the seconds and the 1/100 of seconds. Lines from 16 to 35 just format the string showing the time.

This is a very simple function we will use in the games we are going to create, such as “line rider“.

Download the source code and give me feedback.

Rate this post: 1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (57 votes, average: 4.75 out of 5)
Loading...Loading...

1. Algis

on February 19, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Still using AS 1.0 ?

2. bigbill

on February 20, 2007 at 9:29 pm

Great Timers, quite handy however i’ve tried to put the following code into and can’t get it to work.It just keeps on counting down. Can anyone help please?

if (_root.count_down

3. bigbill

on February 20, 2007 at 9:31 pm

That should be –
    if(_root.count_down

4. mousey

on February 22, 2007 at 10:53 am

Cool, really easy and really fun >!

5. bigbill

on February 22, 2007 at 7:41 pm

How do you goto another frame when the countdown reaches 0?
    btw Have problems posting.

6. Alex

on February 23, 2007 at 3:47 am

nice, i used it in one of my games

7. Richard

on February 27, 2007 at 9:22 am

Hi. Im Making a linerider game. its basicly finished. ive made it so that you can draw a line, the ball bounces perfectly off it. but i still dont get something. when you’ve finished drawing:

onMouseUp = function () {
    imdrawing = false;
    };

that code doesnt want to work :S any tips

Richard

PS: this code is RIGHT at the end of the code. is that right or should it be elseware

8. brisa

on March 1, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Thanks for posting this. I used part of the code to fix my counter and it works perfect.

Nice work:)

Brisa

9. abhilash

on March 2, 2007 at 12:01 pm

nice tutorial

10. Flash game creation tutorial - part 5.3 at Emanuele Feronato

on March 14, 2007 at 12:51 pm

[…] If you plan to make a racing game, the timer is very important. Some of the topics covered in this example are taken from the Flash simple timer/countdown tutorial. […]

11. lister

on March 22, 2007 at 1:16 am

That’s great!

Is there a simple way to make a start/stop & reset button for this?

12. danny o'dwyer

on April 16, 2007 at 5:14 pm

im in the same situation as big bill.

how can you set a limit, so it terminated when it hits a certain time, i cant get it to work.

13. tom

on April 17, 2007 at 4:24 pm

to those who were having problems with going to another frame after the timer hits zero, try adding this…

if (_root.countdown-elapsed_time

14. tom

on April 17, 2007 at 4:44 pm

or instead of using “gotoAndPlay()”, maybe try using “gotoAndStop”.

seems to work better for me.

– tom

15. pocoster

on April 20, 2007 at 9:24 pm

ive been puzzled about it going to another frame after zero too ive tried many different ways of doing it and none hav worked anyone got a solution please?

16. Chandler

on April 24, 2007 at 7:09 pm

how do I get it to stop on O? I’ve tried everything I can think of but can’t get it working…

17. Neo

on May 18, 2007 at 12:14 am

Is there an easy way to have the counter start at a certain time. Example: 06:44:33

6 hours, 44 minutes, 33 seconds

Thanks

18. Anavrin

on June 26, 2007 at 12:13 pm

if(hours == 0 && minutes == 0 && seconds == 0) {
    delete this.onEnterFrame;
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    \\ stops the countdown at 0
    \\goes to frame 2

setting line 2 to:
    countdown = 24273000 ;
    would start the countdown clock at 6 hours 44 minutes 33 seconds

19. nor

on July 4, 2007 at 12:48 pm

hey i just wonder why the code that u give is different from the downloaded file. The code that u give is not working but then the downloaded file is working fine.

thanx 4 the codes. It’s useful. =)

have a nice day!

20. cpmartin

on July 9, 2007 at 4:37 pm

How could this be converted into a Two minute timer? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

21. CF

on July 10, 2007 at 5:18 pm

This is really great. I am a newbie and can’t customize the code for what I would like to accomplish: a simple seconds countdown from 10 to 0 seconds. The countdown should stop at 0. Any easy way to accomplsih this without a lot of code (head spinning);-)

Thanks!

22. Jfulton

on July 11, 2007 at 9:08 pm

i was wondering how you could get the color of the numbers to change color as you get closer to zero. Almost as if your time was running out.

23. Jfulton

on July 12, 2007 at 1:47 am

Also i cant seem to get the timer to stop. Can anyone help me with this?

24. kMan

on July 30, 2007 at 5:03 pm

A simple solution to stop the ticker would be:

if (_root.count_down.text == “00:00″){
    gotoAndStop(2);

And if you want the ticker to stop when reaching all zeros just put a static text containing zeros in frame 2.

Note: if (_root.count_down.text == “00:00″){
    the zeros must be equal to what you want to display, my example is based on minutes and seconds showing in the count down.

Hope this will help…

25. uncle gilbo

on August 9, 2007 at 7:31 am

so if i wanted to make a countdown that started @ 2 min would i clear out the elasped hours code and replace the 60000 seconds with 120 and the 6000 min with 2 min?…code is all new to me…sorry if this seems dumb…

26. Sunil kumar

on August 10, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Hi
    Thanks it is working fine.

Regards
    Sunil kumar

27. Amanda

on August 22, 2007 at 7:22 pm

I’m having problems with script for stopping the countdown as well.

I’m using this script for a 2 digit timer with only seconds:

if (_root.count_down.text=”00″) {
    gotoAndPlay(3);

With this code in place, my movie entirely skips the countdown, and instead immediately jumps to frame 3. Any advice?

28. Cristian

on August 31, 2007 at 11:33 am

you must place the code like this ……..

//The Code…..firs Frame….

function time_to_string(time_to_convert)
    {
    elapsed_hours = Math.floor(time_to_convert / 3600000);
    remaining = time_to_convert – elapsed_hours * 3600000;
    elapsed_minutes = Math.floor(remaining / 60000);
    remaining = remaining – elapsed_minutes * 60000;
    elapsed_seconds = Math.floor(remaining / 1000);
    remaining = remaining – elapsed_seconds * 1000;
    elapsedH = Math.floor(remaining / 10);
    if (elapsed_hours

29. Cristian

on August 31, 2007 at 11:35 am

//in firs frame search for —>>on EnterFrame and replace the code with //this..

onEnterFrame = function ()
    {

elapsed_time = getTimer() – start_time;

_root.count.text = time_to_string(elapsed_time);

_root.count_down.text = time_to_string(_root.countdown – elapsed_time);

if (_root.count_down.text == “00:00:00:00″) {
    play();
    };

};
    stop();

30. xyxo brocka

on September 26, 2007 at 8:16 pm

i’m not much with codes. i can’t stop the ticker, i already tried all the suggestions here. perhaps the counter author might figure out a way to make the ticker stop at zero and jump to next scene.

somehow, this code doesn’t work, doesn’t stop the ticker and doesn’t make the flash jump into a new scene. what seems to be the problem here sir?

if (_root.count_down.text==”00:00″) {
    gotoAndStop(“start”, 1);

31. webmaster

on October 24, 2007 at 2:27 pm

thanks for this counter. I will put in a website that i have in mind

32. jr

on October 24, 2007 at 4:33 pm

I want the timer to count down from example 16 min 41 sec, I don´t get how to do it?? Someone know how to do it?

33. jr

on October 25, 2007 at 3:54 pm

I got it.

34. Valerij

on October 27, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Hi!
    Im using this timer for a game, so the point of the game is to move your cursor through a labyrinth without touching the walls and I want to have a timer on this to see how fast people can do that, but then I need to stop it and view their final time (its in another frame) how do I do that, and if possible I would like to restart that timer again when I get to the next level and again when they finish it view they final overall time. I could work like the once on your Race game (round times and a overall time.

35. hassan

on December 20, 2007 at 7:47 pm

please guys, i want to stop timer from reading or counting, guys i want you to give me the codes or by sending it to my email box. thanks guys.

36. hassan

on December 20, 2007 at 7:52 pm

Also i cant stop, to get the timer to stop. Can anyone help me with this? this is my email box hassan4allofus@yahoo.com

37. hussain

on December 20, 2007 at 7:54 pm

Also i cant stop, to get the timer to stop. Can anyone help me with this? this is my email box muhammedhassan4islam@yahoo.com

38. hassan

on December 20, 2007 at 8:02 pm

please guys how can i remove timer from counting or reading,i meant by using shutdown, to broswe.please guys this is my email box hassan4allofus@yahoo.com. thanks.

39. hassan

on December 20, 2007 at 8:09 pm

please tom how can i apply the code,as you just saide early.please tom, this is my email box hassan4allofus@yahoo.com. thanks

40. juan

on February 13, 2008 at 9:27 pm

To stop on zero you must enter this code in onEnterFrame = function

if (elapsed_time >= countdown) {
    gotoAndStop(2);
    };

thanks for the code!

41. jose

on February 28, 2008 at 6:43 pm

How do you incorporate days into this? like a 30 day countdown…?

42. Owen

on March 8, 2008 at 4:49 pm

I’m trying to incorporate this into a game where you go to the “game over” frame after a hitTest. How do I get the timer to freeze when you go to the next frame, so people can see their finishing time?

43. Jennifer

on March 12, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I have the same question as Jose: How can I incorporate days into this?

44. matt

on March 24, 2008 at 5:58 am

i need help… how can i make it so that on a certain time something happens? here is my code so far
    onClipEvent (enterframe){
    if (timer_txt == “00:00:00:10″){
    _root.object.gotoAndPlay(6){
    why doesnt this work?
    email me at soggyoats@gmail.com

45. Chris

on April 2, 2008 at 4:58 pm

For days I added this code:

in the function time_to_string(time_to_convert)

elapsed_days = Math.floor
    time_to_convert/86400000);

remaining = time_to_convert-(elapsed_days*86400000);

The wher the if statments begin this was added:

if (elapsed_days<10) {
    days = “0”+elapsed_days.toString();
    } else {
    days = elapsed_days.toString();

then the “return” was adjusted to read:

return days+” Days: “+hours+” Hrs: “+minutes+” Min: “+seconds+” Sec “+hundredths;

So I have the days but now I want to limit the hous to only 24 instead of the total minutes remaining in say 10 days.
    for example my readout says:
    10 Days: 249 Hrs: so many Min: etc.. Sec:

any suggestions?
    e-mail me at cslmke2000@yahoo.com

46. dafydd1994

on April 8, 2008 at 7:46 pm

great tut, but is there a way that i can get the timer to stop when a object crosses a certian point.

47. TG

on May 7, 2008 at 2:06 am

Hey man, this is awesome. I love all the flash stuff you make!

48. PiggyStudios

on May 31, 2008 at 7:03 pm

put if.0>i++{gotoAndPlay(ur frame)}
    that should work

49. Josh

on June 1, 2008 at 10:23 am

thx juan … your advice on stopping the timer REALLY helped alot … thx

50. Ter

on June 9, 2008 at 4:09 am

Great countdown code. I’ve modified it to work for my purposes and it’s great. The only thing I can’t seem to figure out is how to pause it and restart it from where I’ve left off.

I’ve created a Pause button that when clicked, grabs the current time displayed in the count_down textbox stores it in a textbox called pausedtime, hides the count_down text box, unhides the pausedtime textbox showing the time when the Pause button was clicked. Works great. The pause button also creates a var and stores the getTimer when the button is clicked.

This also hides the Pause button and shows a play button in it’s place. In the Play button I have …

countdown = (roundtime * 60000) + (getTimer() – pause);

(I forget how I got that formula, but …)

This works the first time I click play, the count_down display continues from where it left off, so I thought I’d figured it out. But, if you hit pause again, the next time you unpause it’s wrong.

I’m having trouble getting my head around the getTimer counting up but the count_down is counting down, and what needs to be subtracted from what to get the count_down to start from where it left off.

I feel like I’ve tried everything, so anyone who’s got an idea of how to get this workin’, I’d be interested in any ideas you have.

Thanks

51. Ter

on June 9, 2008 at 4:11 am

Oh, the var in the pause button is called …
    pause
    which is in the formula in the play btn.

52. Ter

on June 10, 2008 at 1:46 am

Oh, and “roundtime” is input by the user in a previous screen and replaces the 7200000 in line 2 of the original script.

53. Ter

on June 11, 2008 at 11:31 pm

Obviously no one frequents this page … but, if you ever come across this and want to pause the countdown portion of Emanuele’s script, I’ve put this code into my play button and it seems to work …

============================================
    on (release) {
    start_time = getTimer() – elapsed_time + pause_time;
    var go = getTimer();
    pause_time = go – pause;
    countdown = (roundtime * 60000) + pause_time;
    count_down._visible = 1;
    paustime._visible = 0;
    ============================================

It took alot of guessing and I’m not sure exactly how I ended up with it or exactly why it works, but it does.

If anyone wants it and can’t make out my method, I have no problem sending you my working version.

54. eric

on July 22, 2008 at 11:31 pm

cant make it stop on “0”
    and go nextframe :(
    any of your suggestion worked for me
    i just have seconds
    its a countdown of 5 seconds and i want it to stop on 0
    and go next frame which say GAME OVER :(

55. twyud

on July 26, 2008 at 5:41 am

hey man thank’s for tut, i like your flash stuff

56. Jeremy

on August 13, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Thankyou very much for your code!

I noticed that when the count finishes it starts again. So i added this to the end before the “return hours+”:” etc part.

if (time_elapsed>=7200000) {
    gotoAndStop (2);

This makes sure that when the count reaches 0 it stops and does not repeat. Obviously you would have to change the gotoAndStop to whichever frame applies to you and the 7200000 changes depending on your certain time and should match the number on line 2 of the code.

Thanks again,
    Jeremy

57. arthur

on August 31, 2008 at 2:19 am

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to restart the counter again, once it reaches 0.

58. enache

on September 4, 2008 at 10:04 am

hello
    please Ter can i have the code for you play\pause timer, i really really need him

59. John

on September 8, 2008 at 7:53 pm

hello, Can someone help me please? I want to load an external XML or TXT file and get from the external file a number to countdown = (external file number);

60. john

on September 9, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Hello, i have a question…
    countdown = 7200000;<< this number”7200000″ how to load from external file?

61. suj

on October 2, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Thanks so much! It would have taken me hours to figure this out ;)

62. steve

on October 22, 2008 at 4:27 pm

Hi, Ter
    I am working on the pause btn aswell.
    Can you send you working version to vayphu1982@yahoo.com so I can play with my version.
    Thanks
    Steve

63. Nick

on October 27, 2008 at 10:48 am

Just wanted to say that Jeremy’s post works, just make it elapsed_time instead of time_elapsed. Thanks all.

64. Understanding AS3 Timer Class : Emanuele Feronato

on November 18, 2008 at 6:46 pm

[…] lot of time ago I wrote about AS2 time management in Flash simple timer/countdown. Now it’s time to see how to manage time with […]

65. yogsmca

on December 1, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Hi i need to setup for 5 min then i need to show susplay on the game that “you have lost already in game” after 5min over

66. yogsmca

on December 1, 2008 at 12:52 pm

Hi i need to setup for 5 min then i need to show Display on the game that “you have lost already in game” after 5min over

67. George

on December 14, 2008 at 12:33 pm

What about when somthing pops up how do i do that
    ad when you click somthing it stops

68. yewyong

on December 29, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Hi Ter, sorry to bother ya.
    Would you mind sending me your working version of the pause timer?
    My email is yew_yong@hotmail.com

Thanks and happy new year.

69. konnichi wa

on January 27, 2009 at 2:45 pm

hello every one,
    how to pause the count down?

70. t121hy

on February 9, 2009 at 8:14 am

hello,
    how to make action if after times is over then will go to another frame.
    please send me tutorial via email
    i want make quiz for my student
    thanks
    trydantry@yahoo.co.id

71. alex

on March 29, 2009 at 4:14 pm

question, when i insert the time in my html and upload both to the web (they are in the same folder)
    i dont see the timer, please advice

72. ccmqv

on July 2, 2009 at 9:25 pm

So do I have to add another frame so the time would stop.

If so how do you add the second frame?

73. Peter

on July 5, 2009 at 10:55 pm

How do I make more digits. For example, once the Hours reaches 99, does it reset? Is there anyway to do it so if It reaches 99:99:99:99 then there is another digit thingy. IE: It goes to 01:00:00:00:00 when 1 second passes after 99:99:99:99?

Please respond and help me if you can
    My email is pstarus@gmail.com

74. Cat

on July 15, 2009 at 9:15 am

For those of you looking for a countdown timer for seconds, that will go to another scene after time is up, this worked for me (found on this link: http://groups.google.com/group/macromedia.flash/browse_thread/thread/cbde84211c16ccd7)

I replaced

gotoAndPlay(“Scene 2″, 1);
    clearInterval(intID);

countdown_txt.text = countdown_time;
    intID = setInterval(countdown,1000);

75. Jay

on August 24, 2009 at 8:54 am

It kinda works for me, I’m using the coutdown only. The problem is, when I start my game, the timer goes about 3 milliseconds then stops. Any help?

76. JohnBoi

on September 22, 2009 at 3:18 am

Hey I need to know how to stop the timer from shaking?

77. Vahid

on September 26, 2009 at 11:52 pm

JohnBoi, to stop the timer from shaking, use JUSTIFY property for dynamic txt.

78. Chetan

on September 28, 2009 at 7:03 am

Thank you for the wonderful countdown timer! So far so good, but I have one problem that seems to be a common theme amongst the commenters.

I’ve tried all the suggestions in the comments on how to stop the countdown at 0, but i’m having no luck. If someone could be gracious enough to send me a copy of the complete code modified to stop at 0 that would be great.

If it helps, I’m currently using the 00:00:00:00 format, and I’m trying to create a simple 10 minute countdown that stops at 0 and resets back to 10 minutes. The resultant flash movie is going to be embedded into a powerpoint slide to be used in a presentation.

my email address is chetankania [at] gmail [dot] com

Thank you again!

79. Kayro

on January 12, 2010 at 5:02 pm

I need a similar countdown and countup that counts dollars, rather than time, for a fundraising site. Can you help, or direct me to a script source?

80. mooky

} else {
    hundredths = elapsed_fs.toString();
    return hours+":"+minutes+":"+seconds+":"+hundredths;

Thanks for your help

81. FLASH – Contagem regressiva | Marcus Monteiro

on July 5, 2010 at 8:40 pm

[…] arquivo abaixo foi retirado  deste ótimo tutorial. feito pela […]

82. Tomas

on August 10, 2010 at 7:40 pm

That works fine, does anyone knows how to make a timeline with an icon moving forward as the days goes by?

83. Joel

on September 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Nice script! Does any one know how to make the left counter (elapsed time) stop at a certain time? I really only need seconds and milliseconds (e.g. 03:43). Thanks!

84. SS

on November 4, 2010 at 10:07 am

Thanks a million for this code.

85. jeece

on November 23, 2010 at 7:58 pm

it does not work when used in a symbol, but works directly on the main scene. How to make it work in a symbol?

86. James

on November 26, 2010 at 9:44 am

Hi there,

trying to figure out how to get the pause button/function to work. tried to use the code above posted by Ter but no luck. any suggestions?

87. 15 Countdown Timer | Code&Design-Studio

on December 29, 2010 at 7:45 am

[…] here Demo Site: Click here Title: Flash simple timer/countdown Technology: Flash Code Site: Click here Demo Site: Click here Title: JavaScript Countdown/Count-up […]

88. Syed Qarib

on January 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for this tutorial. For those looking for as2 version follow here:
    timer in flash

89. Aguila

on January 25, 2011 at 7:25 am

I’m more interested in the timer, than the count down. Can this be modified to show dollar amounts? Increase $1 every millisecond?

90. Monica

on March 17, 2011 at 6:38 am

This is an AWESOME tutorial, thanks.
    Is there a way to change it to 12hr clock & include am & pm?

91. emausmora

on March 21, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Thank you very much !!, this counter is great my friend. !

92. Kyle

on June 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Thanks for providing all this information. Very generous of you..I also tried to create the countdown following your instructions but unfortunately I just failed. I have little flash knowledge and it seems that it is just too complicated for me. I ended up using another countdown that I found on this page:http://www.flashxml.net/countdown.html thanks to the support guys who helped me to make it work out.

93. Understanding AS3 Timer Class « Gabriel's World

on June 11, 2011 at 11:05 pm

[…] lot of time ago I wrote about AS2 time management in Flash simple timer/countdown. Now it’s time to see how to manage time with […]

94. Christoph

on October 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Kyle
    on June 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Thanks Kyle for sharing the link to the countdown timer. I found it to be very usefull. Like you i found it very difficult to create my own.

Cheers,
    Christopher

95. Gabriel

on November 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for sharing the CountdownFX…it was really what I was looking for – plus I don’t have to put the time in the coding…sorry I am bit lasy :)

Everybody needs to check it out!

96. Hemanth

on December 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

Hi

Can u help me on how to stop the timer when the game is completed

97. KHAN

on January 2, 2012 at 11:58 am

please tell me how can i make countdown timer for 30 minuts
    give me complete coading pls

98. Tom

on February 28, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Can somebody please tell me how to stop the timer with the current time still being displayed. eg. When two objects make contact, the timer will stop and show how long they lasted for before they collided.

99. [Download] Flash - Contador regressivo com action script - Marcus Monteiro

on April 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm

[…] Downloads Segue um pequeno contador regressivo em flash usando Action Script 2.0, que retirei deste ótimo tutorial. feito pela Emanuelle. Mas, para não ficar com cara de plagio, fiz pequenas modificações: O […]

100. Alwin

on June 13, 2012 at 6:31 am

This tutorial is great!!
    I use it in my Flash Project. Thank you very much for sharing it.

101. indore

on July 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm

very good

102. Karthik

on July 18, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hello,

I am working on Actionscript 2.0, placing the timer on a frame and the source file dosnt work on it. Do i need to change anything? Please help..

103. Allen

on September 29, 2012 at 9:39 am

when i compleate the game, how to stop time of count_down and display the time in next frame?

104. william vargas

on October 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm

hello, that’s very usefull for me, excellent!!

god bless you

105. 3man7

on November 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Very useful tutorial! Keep up the good work :D

@Tom
    Put this code into the frame you want the timer to stop:

onEnterFrame = function () {
    clearInterval(start_time);
    delete start_time;
    };

Best wishes,
    3man7

106. emmy

on December 26, 2012 at 12:34 am

hi , pls can any one help me. i needed a countdown timer for internet users on my hotspot. am using a mikrotik os for my hotspot .
    emmy

107. James

on May 7, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I have tried everything to get this timer to work, I’m new to actionscript so I’m probably sounding a bit thick. When I open the file up in CS6 and try to play it the timer is going haywire on the last digits, the other digits don’t do anything. I have used other flash programs, but new to cs6. Where am I going wrong. What I would like to use the timer for is counting down on mp3’s so the time would be around 4 to 5 minutes long. this is one timer I would like to use.
    I have looked at the actionscript, but nothing seems to appear different. I would appreciate any help. just tell me where I’m going wrong. I have dowloaded the sourcecode and loaded up the file. the timer appears on the page. I have run it, but nothing!

108. grungejo

on October 7, 2013 at 9:41 am

hie there
    i have a timer on my simple game i tried and when it finish it will go to diffrent page and i have a retry button there , but when i retry everything works except timer and character speed has been increased. As many time i press retry speed increases more and more.
    If any one have solution that will be very helpful. thax

109. Ale

on August 22, 2014 at 2:14 am

Hi there,

The countdown is perfect but I just need an extra small fucntion. I want to create a button pause and play for the timer.
    I need this button to pause the timer and if you click again keep counting from the time it stopped. When the timer get to 0 I go to frame 2.
    So the timer works perfectly and I go to frame 2 with no problem the only thing is the pause/play.

Can one of you guys please help me with this?

Thanks