When you have a blog, you want people to read it. If you want people to read it, you want people to find it. If you want people to find it, you have to promote your blog.
I am sure the quality of my posts make my readers return. Now it’s time to spread the word and get some new readers.
You may wonder what is the Million Dollar Wiki.
It’s a very creative project attempting to create a pay per page version of Wikipedia. You choose a keyword, buy the page and you can edit it as you want. You can place your links, sell your products, include your pay per click sponsor or whatsoever.
A page costs $100. Why did I spend $100 for a page? There are more than two reasons:
1) I bought a page for $100 and I own a page on a site that maybe will be famous. If the site fails its aim or closes, I lost only $100
2) I bought a relevant keyword so I can represent my blog there or, should I get bored, sell my account to some important tutorials sites for… let’s say… $1,000
3) Being (almost) the first in purchasing a product will allow me to say “I told you that…” if the product will be a success
4) I hope the author gets his million dollars, so newspapers will talk about him, people will visit his site and found my page. With a bit of luck, some of them will click my link and come to this blog. Just for $100. Lifetime.
5) I always wanted to be in a Wiki!!!
Soon I will update that page with the list of my last tutorials and a couple of adsense ads just to see what happens.
Meanwhile, I am thinking about my “milliondollarsomething”… do you have an idea?