Today I was playing with Photoshop looking for some interesting photo effect and I found a quick and easy way to convert a modern photo in a vintage one.
I have already created an action to simulate this effect in Vintage colors effect action for Photoshop, but I am sure you’ll like this effec too.
Follow me through this very easy tutorial and you’ll find by yourself how easy is to achieve this effect.
1) Open your photo
2) Set your foreground and background colors respectively to #ff0000 and #00ff00
3) Duplicate the photo layer
4) With the newly created layer use a Gradient Map
5) On the same layer, use Blending Options
6) Select Blend Mode to Color and Opacity to 50%
7) Flatten the image
8) Apply an Add Noise filter to the only layer you should have
9) Set the filter with 2% Gaussian Monochromatic values
10) Enjoy the result
You may need to play with the last two steps values in order to fit the effect to your needs.
And for the laziest of you, I made an action that does the task automatically! Download the action.