Make HTML5 games with no programming skills (even with Box2D physics) with Construct 2

If you want to be an HTML game developer, but your programming skills aren’t that good, then Tom Gullen and his company (actually, his brother) will save your life with Construct 2.

Construct 2 is a visual editor that lets you make HTML5 games without writing a single line of code, thanks to its event editor which makes building and creating games visual and easy for beginners and advanced users alike.

Do you remember Totem Destroyer? Look at the HTML5 version I made in 10 minutes (half of them spent googling for the graphic assets) thanks to Construct 2.

Click on the bricks to destroy them, don’t let the totem fall on the ground or it will get destroyed too.

Look at the physics.

Tomorrow I will publish the second part of the game, as well as the “build it in 5 minutes tutorial”.

Meanwhile, here is a brief list of all Construct 2 features:

* Physics Engine – with a couple of clicks make objects behave realistically.

* Facebook connection – publish your games to Facebook. Log in, post hi-scores and see friend’s scores — even from your own website. Make your games go viral.

* Make money from your games – publish your Construct 2 games to the Chrome Web Store. Bring your games to an audience of millions.

Stay tuned because I’ll talk about it quite a lot in the next days.

Rate this post: 1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (21 votes, average: 4.62 out of 5)

1. Andrew Wooldridge (@triptych)

on November 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm

You need to fix your title :) It’s not constructor 2 it’s construct 2.

2. Shantanu Kulkarni

on November 15, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Why does the game have an envato’s watermark on it? Is it related to envato marketplace?

on November 15, 2011 at 8:23 pm

No, it’s just the background I found somewhere (on envato)

4. Jozo

on November 15, 2011 at 9:45 pm

It looks similar to GameMaker:HTML5 but free & with physics engine!

5. Turoni

on November 15, 2011 at 10:40 pm

I maybe haven’t tried a lot of game creation tools but this one seems to pull it of pretty nice.

6. MinG

on November 15, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Unfortunately there’s no construct 2 mac version and thus no option for me to use it.

7. dill1233

on November 16, 2011 at 4:57 am

Yeah, I remember playing around with the first Construct a bit. It was a pretty nice little creation tool. The one I used could only make offline games so it wasn’t that useful (the games couldn’t be too complicated), but I’m sure some great simple online games could be made with this one.

8. Rafael

on November 16, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Should I try this game maker ou learn AS 3.0?

9. Andrew Wooldridge (@triptych)

on November 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Another nice feature not mentioned here is that you can write plugins for the tool itself using Javascript.

10. GamersAtPlay

on November 21, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I can definitely see how this would appeal to the non-programmer, but as a coder who doesn’t have the time to shake the dust off of the rusty old skill set I must say this looks pretty interesting, even if just for simple games or proof of concepts.

11. Adam Robakiewicz

on March 22, 2012 at 10:59 am

Hello

I’m working on game development magazine – Game Coder Mag Physics – aimed mostly at professionals and those who study to work in the field of game development in the future.

I’m looking for authors for the next issue devoted to collision detection. But if You would like to chose other topic there won’t be a problem. Please let me know if you’d be interested in writing an article for the magazine by mail adam.robakiewicz@software.com.pl

Best
    Adam Aleksander Robakiewicz

12. M

on March 23, 2012 at 8:49 am

I’d rather use Stencylworks than this.

13. html5

on May 30, 2012 at 7:44 am

that encourages developers like me to start working on simple game applications close to real life and easy coding.

14. html5gamer

on November 28, 2012 at 11:23 pm

do i have to pay to use this application…

15. Julio Diaz