Today is a great day for blog followers and Box2D lovers.
The book adopts the same “no boring theory” style of my blog posts, and through 150 pages of pure AS3 will teach you how to design blockbuster physics game and handle every kind of collision, build and destroy levels piece by piece, and create vehicles and bring them to life with motors.
The eight detailed chapters will show you how to:
* Create a physics world with gravity
* Manage materials assigning physics properties
* Interact with physics bodies using mouse or keyboard
* Build vehicles with joints and motors
* Handle every kind of collision
* Add forces and impulses to bodies
* Turn your graphic assets into physics bodies
* Fire bullets and destroy bodies
Everything you will learn will be used to create a game, with real world examples.
If you know AS3, the creation of Box2D games will be a piece of cake, otherwise you can start from my other book Flash Game Development by Example, then dive into Box2D world.
I’ve put a lot of effort in the making of the book, fighting against pagecount and delivery time, and I hope you all like it.
Buy Box2D for Flash Games!!
They can be easily customized to meet the unique requirements of your project.