You all should know Stencyl. It’s a quick and intuitive tool which allows you to create cross-platform games with no coding if you are a beginner, or to easily create game prototypes which you’ll improve by coding if you are an experienced programmer.
And I guess I am not the only one since Stencyl was used to create games like Impossible Pixel, which reached #1 most downloaded app in 9 Countries!
With the upcoming version 3 of Stencyl, you can’t miss Learning Stencyl 3.x Game Development: Beginner’s Guide.
This book will guide you through all the important steps required to develop and publish your video game. Starting with the installation and testing of the Stencyl toolkit, you will very quickly advance to the fun and exciting process of creating a playable game. The step-by-step tutorials will guide you from a blank screen, right through to giving your game that final polish and sharing it with the rest of the world.
Whilst developing your feature-complete video game, you will learn how to easily detect collisions in your game using Stencyl’s built-in physics engine. You’ll discover how to use the powerful animation tools included in Stencyl’s toolkit, and you’ll find out how to make your game shine with sounds and visual special effects. You will also discover how Stencyl makes it easy to utilize the touch-screen and accelerometer features of smartphones and tablet computers.
You will learn all the essential skills required to develop a video game including, among other things:
* Installing and testing the Stencyl game development toolkit.
* Rapidly creating your game using Stencyl’s drag and drop gameplay designer.
* Detecting and responding to collisions using Stencyl’s built-in physics engine.
* Creating customized game-play using Stencyl’s intuitive instruction-block system.
* Animating objects in your game and modifying them with Stencyl’s built-in image editor.
* Fine-tuning your game and turning it into a professional product.
* Adding sound-effects and a soundtrack to your game.
* Implementing some of the special features of smartphones and tablets.
Buy Learning Stencyl 3.x Game Development: Beginner’s Guide and speed up your game-development process.Tweet