This is a news I was waiting for almost a couple of years. After a long period in beta testing, the amazing Stencyl 3 tool is on the shelves, ready to be used for your next big game, because now it supports:
* iOS (iPhone/iPad)
With Stencyl, you can create amazing games with no code at all, and if you absolutely want or need to code, you can write your routines only once using Haxe, then test them everywhere.
The major features are:
* Publish to iOS, Android, Flash, Standalone Desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux).
* Publish all games directly from your computer.
* Unification – 1 engine, 1 programming language (Haxe)
* Open Framework for building new native and pure Haxe extensions.
* Improved Font Support
* Improved Translation (Language Pack) Support
* Draw UTF-8 (international) characters in-game
* Gap Free MP3 Playback for Flash
* Support for OGG playback on all platforms except Flash
* Multi-Mapped Controls
* Improved handling of arbitrary screen sizes.
* Improved Ad Support (iAds, AdMob, Events)
* Improved Social Gaming API Support (Game Center, Events)
* Improved In-App Purchase Support (Consumables, Restore Purchases, Events)
* Improved Native UI Support (Keyboard, Swipe, better Joystick, Alerts, Vibrate)
* Uniform handling of mouse and touch events
* Test on iOS without going through Xcode
* Universal Log Viewer
* No more MAC address requirement to test
* You don’t have to use atlases if you hate ’em
* Improved Performance. Reduced memory usage and churn.
* Simple Physics Mode – opt out of physics for better performance if you don’t need it.
* Reduction of “works only on Flash” features. Core features work everywhere.
* Full Blending Mode support for Flash
* Full Screen Mode for Flash, Desktop
Expect a lot of tutorials during the next days, because I am going to make a lot of experiments with it.