Welcome to Triqui MochiAds Arcade theme for WordPress official page
This is the one and only official page for this theme, so check it frequently!
Current version is 1.0 released on June 05, 2009
Before you start your journey into game publishing world, let me warn you: this is a theme for advanced users… I won’t explain how to install or edit a theme, and same thing for the plugins and widgets.
If you are looking for a “how to” guide, this theme is not for you. However, if you want to make a complete guide, let me know and I’ll feature you on the blog.
Now, everything you need to know:
Triqui MochiAds Arcade theme for WordPress turns your WordPress blog into an arcade site powered by MochiAds.
In the download section you will find all necessary plugins to make the theme work properly, but if you want to download them manually or check plugins sites, here they are:
WP-PageNavi (highly recommended): Adds a more advanced paging navigation to your WordPress blog.
WP-PostRatings and WP-PostRatings Widget (highly recommended): respectively adds an AJAX rating system for your WordPress blogâ€™s post/page and adds a PostRatings Widget to display most rated and/or highest rated posts and/or pages on your sidebar.
WP-PostViews and WP-PostViews Widget (highly recommended): respectively enables you to display how many times a post/page had been viewed and adds a PostViews Widget to display most viewed posts and/or pages on your sidebar.
Askimet (recommended): Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. Very useful if you run a successful blog. Check the license conditions.
WordPress Reset (recommended): Resets the WordPress database back to itâ€™s defaults. Deletes all customizations and content. Something like “in case of fire, break the glass”.
Anyway, I recommend to get the plugins from the download section as I modified some styles to make them have the same look & feel of the theme
* Good-looking homepage layout like Gallery theme
* CSS only rollover effect on game selection (will release a JQuery version too during next days)
* Extremely commented css and php files
* Interesting place where to place ads
* List of all games in the footer. This may seem pointless at the moment, but with the release of the final version of the plugin you will be able to select the games you want to publish. Let me say you most MochiAds are garbage, and an arcade portal full of garbage won’t work. You’ll have to create a niche portal, such as a physic games portal, a racing games portal or a handpicked games portal. Just think about MiniClip. They put the list of all games because they haven’t a wide number of games, but they are all playable.
Obviously I’ll keep updating the theme, adding more and more features, and I’ll explain how to add new features in case you already customized the theme. Expect those features in the next weeks:
* “New” icon next to recently added games
* Social icons to submit games to twitter, facebook and so on
* JQuery effect on rollovers
* Any interesting feature you may suggest me
Here we are… time to download the theme and the plugins used. If you change the style, send me the link of your site and I will be glad to showcase it in the blog.
The theme is free to use, modify, hack and so on. However, if you are making money out of it, my PayPal address is email@example.com, just in case…
Download the theme and enjoy.
I would like to hear your opinions.