Today finally I decided to upgrade my WP engine to WordPress 2.2.3 and abandon the TripleK2 theme.
Since I installed the TK2 I was forced to miss all updates because the theme wasn’t as flexible as it seemed, in my opinion.
The new theme is based on Torn 2.0 by Solostream but I am slighty changing and experimenting with it in order to fit it to my needs. At the time I am writing it’s far to be finished but I need some more time to complete all the features I have in my mind.
Once finished, I’ll publish some hints about theme configuration and customization.
But the main reason I changed the look of the site is that I wanted to focus it to contents.
Contents made this site a “must read” (well… almost) for developers so contents have to be the focus of all.
So now contents are on the left column, while other features are grouped in two columns to the right. Many readers complained about the old 3 columns style with content in the center surrounded by crap, so now the content is separated from the rest.
Another improvement is I removed the adsense injections in the posts. I did not like how adsense ads broke the post, so now they are on sidebars, and I plan to remove adsense at all very soon.
Then I have to mention the improved readability of the script codes, that now look more like a script and there is an option to display them in plain text in order to make it easier for you to cut and paste to your projects.
Last but not least, the content columns is 30 pixels wider than before :)
There is still lot of work to do before the theme is finished, but I would like to hear your opinion (and bug reportings) about these major changes.