Michael is an excellent writer and I was pleased to be the reviewer of this book.
Yes, it’s me!! I’ve carefully read the book page by page, image by image, and I have to say it’s a great resource both for developers trying to make Flash Facebook applications and for everyone looking for a guide on the Facebook Graph API. Guaranteed by the reviewer :)
While some tutorials taken from the book will come soon (I am polishing the book I am writing during these days and I have thousands of ideas to show you once it will be on the shelves), let me show you what you’ll learn reading this book:
* Make your AS3 projects more social and personalise them for your users by adding Facebook integration
* Grab information directly from Facebook into your applications by using Facebook’s Graph API
* Securely authenticate your users with OAuth 2.0 to log them into Facebook
* Access information about your users and their friends directly from Facebook – no need to make them type it all in again
* Upload photographs, add wall posts, and create events through AS3
* Search on Facebook’s databases with the powerful Facebook Query Language
* Build an AS3 Facebook SDK that you can drop into any AS3 project to add Facebook integration
* Easily access both public and private Facebook data from the surface of a graph
If you’re looking for a book to start developing Flash Facebook applications, Facebook Graph API Development with Flash is your book.