Did you enjoy the series of Sokoban prototypes made using Away3D?
If you want to learn how to master Away3D, then Away3D 3.6 Essentials is the book for you.
You will learn how to:
* Draw primitive shapes such as cubes, cones, spheres, and planes without having to manually construct them from their basic elements
* Add eye-catching special effects to your Away3D application
* Warp, curve, modify, and bend 3D text to your will
* Focus the Camera and view 3D objects from all angles
* Improve mouse interactivity in your 3D application
* Integrate third-party libraries such as TweenLite and Stardust with Away3D to animate 3D objects and create particle effects
* Use sprites and sprite classes
* Utilize the power of Pixel Bender for image processing
* Export 3D models from 3D modeling applications such as 3ds Max, Blender, MilkShape, and Sketch-Up
Get practical tips on achieving maximum performance in your 3D applications
These concepts will made you capable of building great games and animations using Away3D
This book is meant for beginners as well as experienced Flash developers who are looking to create 3D applications in Flash using the Away3D engine.
Whether you are using Away3D for the first time or are a seasoned developer, this book will provide you with a solid foundation in taking Flash to the next dimension. It can also be used as a reference guide by Flash developers who are already familiar with Away3D.