As a loyal blog reader, you should already know KineticJS
I created a jigsaw puzzle engine with this framework and I really liked the way you can easily handle animations.
So I highly recommend you Instant KineticJS Starter.
It’s new book from Packt Publishing which will guide you through the creation of a complete project (a fully featured image editor) covering everything you need to start your own KineticJS projects, such as:
* Quickly build your first KineticJS application
* Organize your application
* Tune performance
* Learn layering support
* Get to grips with standard and custom shapes
* Implement the filtering of images
* Apply animations
* Drag-and-drop elements and style objects
Everything is explained in about 60 pages (that’s why it’s called “Instant”) and this injection of knowledge will cost you less than 6 euro.