What to Make
– Make a game with any version of Stencyl.
– It may be a Flash game, a mobile (iOS / Android) game or a universal game (Flash + mobile).
– The game has to be new (not something you’ve already published), and it has to be complete.
No theme. No other restrictions. You may submit multiple entries or work with as many people as you’d like. Games started before the announcement may be submitted if finished in time.
How to Submit
Post a topic inside this special contest forum.
Include the following:
– A link to the game, hosted on the web if it’s a Flash game, or for mobile games, on the App Store or Google Play.
– A brief description of the game.
– At least 1 screenshot or video of the game.
If you e-mail us a private submission, always provide a link to your game’s forum topic.
Although we much prefer an App Store / Google Play entry, if you are unable to get a mobile game approved in time (it takes 1 week on average) or are intending to sell the game, you may e-mail an IPA / APK / project / promo-code to hello [at] stencyl.com.
For a Web game, you may e-mail a link to hello [at] stencyl.com if you’re seeking a sponsorship and have to keep the game private during bidding.
The top three entries will win a Stencyl Studio subscription for 1 year.
If you already have a subscription, you’ll receive an extension/upgrade.
November 15th @ 11:59 PM (Pacific Time / -8 GMT)
Non-participating members of the Stencyl Team will collectively judge entries. We judge holistically.
Winners from the previous Game Jam
Here are the winning entries from the previous Game Jam to give you an idea of what a “winning” entry looks like.
Happy Stencyling! Good luck to everyone!