Exactly 4 months ago I released my first Phaser 3 book: HTML5 Cross Platform Game Development Using Phaser 3. You can see the original post at this link.
The book is performing very well, and since I love to give support to loyal readers – which support my blog – here it comes the first update.
I said “first” update because there are more to come, but at the moment I want you to enjoy the first one covering everything you need to turn your HTML5 game into a native Android game using Cordova and Android Studio.
In the 20 new pages – for a grand total of 175 – I am taking you by hand through the process needed to wrap your HTML5 game in a native Android app ready to be published on the various stores.
In this step by step guide, I am covering how to:
* Understand the differences between a web app and a native app
* Install Node.js
* Install Cordova and create your first Cordova project
* Install Android Studio and create your first Android Studio project
* Run your HTML5 game in Android Studio
* Edit Android manifest file to set your custom game configuration
* Draw and edit Android app icons and loading screens
* Create your final APK
Every step is clearly explained and 18 pictures will help you to turn any HTML5 game into a native Android app in a matter of minutes.
Moreover, the complete Android Studio project is included in the source code examples.
The update is free for everyone which already purchased the book, and next updates will be free as well, but at each update the price raises a bit, so the earlier you get the book, the better.
Last but not least, by getting the book you will give the blog a great support.
Thank you for being my readers.